A few things:
1. There's a sewing competition over at Sew Mama Sew. It's called the Super Online Sewing Match.
2. I wish I was a competitor. (I entered, but the ladies they picked are super talented and have sewn a lot of things, way more than me.)
3. But, there's a Community Match! And I'm playing along at home. I'm going to try and post projects on the same schedule that they do--just to see if I could do it.
4. So here's my entry into round one--it can be any shirt or blouse. The contestants did a Sutton Blouse by True Bias, but I wanted to make something from a pattern I already had on hand.
5. The Aurora tank: I made a size small and it fits perfectly with no adjustments needed. This was actually a "wearable muslin" that turned out much better than expected. I made it from fabric in my stash--a not too stretchy knit stripe and an old maternity shirt that I hacked up. I can't wait to make more of these.
The front, untucked
The back with a cute little pleat.
Tucked into a skirt--I wore it like this to work with a cardigan over top.
And man--lipstick, jewelry, and nice shoes could sure help a girl out!