I plan to participate in a sew-along that runs from March 19th to April 23rd. The challenge: sew a top for myself. The real challenge: get it done before my self-imposed deadline of March 26th.
Why? Well, I've had this pattern and the fabric to make it since before Christmas.
And I can win prizes because Made By Rae is hosting the sew-along. Made By Rae is a fun sewing blog that usually focuses on kid projects and features great tutorials and some patterns that you can purchase. She's giving away prizes for the best entries and is encouraging everyone to enter early.
It's just the inspiration I need to get something that is pretty ambitious (for me) done. The Anna Tunic is a confident beginner/intermediate level pattern. I've made an Amy Butler Barcelona skirt before in a class. That was pretty easy except for installing the invisible zipper. The Anna Tunic does not have any zippers so hopefully I'll be able to pull it off by myself.
Here's the plan:
- Have the pattern pieces traced and cut by Thursday, March 15th
- Cut the pattern pieces in my fabric and lining by Saturday, March 17th
- Begin construction on Sunday, March 18th
- Have it put together by Friday, March 23rd
- Add the finishing touches by Sunday, March 25th
- Put it on, take some photos, and enter the sew-along by Monday, March 26th.
- Ta-Da! Done.
I will be back to share my fabric selection as I complete some of the steps. In the mean time, if you like to sew and want some inspiration to sew something for yourself, check out the sew-along over at
Made By Rae.